We’ve been telling you for years to pray for California…well, the Golden State has never needed it more.
KUSI San Diego reports that the California Department of Public health has released their guidelines for private holiday gatherings and the word “draconian” seems to fail to describe the jaw-dropping absurdity of the continued tyrannical overreach that is the state’s “COVID response.”
Gosh, will this nightmare ever end?
“This guidance provides an updated plan for Californians to gather outside their household and replaces the prior gatherings guidance issued on September 12, 2020 and March 16, 2020. It applies to private gatherings, and all other gatherings not covered by existing sector guidance are prohibited. Gatherings are defined as social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space or place. When people from different households mix, this increases the risk of transmission of COVID-19,” the DOH’s website summarizing the guidelines reads.
California says that anyone hosting a private gathering must adhere to these “mandatory requirements for all gatherings.”
The state also noted that local health jurisdictions are also welcome to go above and beyond these already unthinkably strict measures.
Here are some of the notable highlights of the far-reaching mandates.
- No more than 3 households, including your own may gather in one house
- The space in which said gathering takes place “must be large enough so that everyone at a gathering can maintain at least a 6-foot physical distance from others (not including their own household) at all times.”
- Yes, face masks are required for these private gatherings. And such coverings must be worn in accordance with the CDPH Guidance on the Use of Face Coverings“
- The state kindly allows attendants to remove their face mask while eating and drinking, but only “as long as they stay at least 6 feet away from everyone outside their own household, and put their face covering back on as soon as they are done with the activity.”
- “Keep it short”! Don’t let gatherings exceed 2 hours.
- Thinking of singing or playing instruments? It’s strongly discouraged. But if these socially-distanced, mask-clad guests of yours from no more than two (2) additional households absolutely must make music, everyone should wear a mask and stay six feet apart. And keep it down–“People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice)”
Folks, I’m not exaggerating. You can check out the guidelines exactly as posted by the California Department of Health, which states that they are mandatory.
Now, to be fair, while we are still learning about the novel coronavirus and how it spreads, these measures may very well be what it takes to stop the spread–but that’s not the point.
What it boils down to is how much authority the government has to invade our private lives for the sake of preventing a virus from spreading. It is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the role in the state.
Totalitarian reigmes probably could completely shut a virus down and prevent their citizens from hardly every being subject to sickness or death.
The state’s role is not to redeem our mortal bodies from the effects of the fall–only Jesus can do that. The role of man’s government is to punish sin and maintain law and order (Romans 13:3-4). Our constitutional republic was founded to preserve our God-given rights and let its citizens live in liberty.
What would our forefathers think of a state government telling people what to do in the privacy of their own homes over the holidays? Since when have we barely batted an eye at elected officials banning how Americans sing together?
The state of California has passed far beyond a reasonable response to a pandemic. They have crossed the precipice into full-on tyranny, and it’s chilling to think what they will be able to get away with next.
If you appreciate the work we are doing to fight the leftist assault on our values, please consider a small donation to help us continue. Thank you so much!