Earlier this month, the Department of Justice ordered the Federal Bureau of Investigations to begin looking into “threats” against school board members and other school administrators reported amid growing protests against school implementations of certain COVID-19 policies and controversial curricula regarding race, gender, and sexuality.
The move was stunning, considering the vast majority of those parents who show up at school board meetings to voice their concerns have been entirely peaceful and law-abiding.
It also came on the heels of a letter issued to the Biden administration from the National School Board Association, which called on the federal government to treat the reported “threats” against schools as domestic terrorism.
One instance cited by the NASB was an arrest made at a heated Loudoun County, Virginia school board meeting in which infuriated father Scott Smith allegedly “incited chaos.”
Last week, however, the reason for Smith’s outrage was revealed: his daughter was allegedly raped by a “gender fluid” student in a bathroom at Loudoun County’s Stone Bridge High School, moments before his arrest, the district superintendent had claimed that there had been no reports of assault on the part of transgender students at the school.
Smith is now accusing the school of trying to cover up the alleged assault and is suing the school district.
“Attorneys for the family of the Stone Bridge High School student who was sexually assaulted in the girls’ restroom on May 28 by a boy claiming to be ‘gender fluid’ today announced they will pursue legal actions against Loudoun County under the provisions of Title IX,” the Stanley Law Group, which is representing Smith in the civil suit as well as against “wrongful and unconstitutional” Circuit Court charges, said in a press release as reported by The Epoch Times.
“The sexual assault our daughter endured should never happen to any young girl, or any child, attending a public school,” Smith and his wife were quoted as saying in a statement.
Attorney Bill Stanley described the alleged attack on Smith’s 15-year-old daughter as “abhorrent.”
“What happened to Mr. and Mrs. Smith and their daughter in Loudoun County is absolutely abhorrent and unacceptable. It is a nightmare no family should have to endure, yet it has happened twice in Loudoun Schools in the same year by the same perpetrator. This is outrageous,” Stanley said.
“We will protect the interests of their daughter at every turn of the legal process. And, we will pursue federal Title IX actions against the local government and all officials who are responsible for allowing this harm to come to the Smith’s daughter,” he added.
If you appreciate the work we are doing for faith, family, and freedom, please consider a small donation to help us continue. Thank you so much!