On Tuesday, an Iranian legislator who comes from the same province as recently eliminated Iranian General Qassem Soleimani told the Iranian parliament that the people of that province have offered a $3 million bounty to anyone who assassinates President Donald Trump.
When Soleimani was taken out by a US drone airstrike on January 3rd after putting his support behind the attack on a US embassy in Baghdad, the Democrats in the United States accused POTUS of committing a war crime.
Meanwhile, President Trump issued a few angry tweets and left well enough alone (at least, as of this writing), having always deployed the military far more conservatively than any of his critics on both the right and the left would have you believe. Say what you will about the man, there’s no disputing that he campaigned on no foreign wars and has so far remained true to this, using the military only when the has the opportunity to take out a prime target, such as Soleimani or ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was eliminated as the result of a special forces operation in Northern Iraq in October.
Reuters reports that according to the ISNA news agency, legislator Ahmad Hamzeh declared, “On behalf of the people of Kerman province, we will pay a $3 million reward in cash to whoever kills Trump.” Reuters added, “U.S. disarmament ambassador Robert Wood dismissed the reward as ‘ridiculous,’ telling reporters in Geneva it showed the “’terrorist underpinnings’ of Iran’s establishment.”
Hamzeh continued, “If we had nuclear weapons today, we would be protected from threats … We should put the production of long-range missiles capable of carrying unconventional warheads on our agenda. This is our natural right.”
As Daily Wire details at length, the Iranian regime has been overtly threatening US interests and allies for some time, since the awful Obama-era Iran deal was scrapped by POTUS 45, another one of his campaign promises.
Threats from members of the Iranian government targeting the United States have been steady for some time; last September, after theattacks on two oil refineries in Saudi Arabia that destroyed 5% of the world’s oil supply, prompting accusations from the U.S. government that the attacks were launched by Iran, a top Iranian general boasted that U.S. sites were in range of Iranian missiles and Iran was ready for a “full-fledged” war.
Amirali Hajizadeh, who heads Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps Aerospace, bragged, “Everybody should know that all American bases and their aircraft carriers in a distance of up to 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) around Iran are within the range of our missiles,” adding “Iran has always been ready for a ‘full-fledged’ war,” as quoted by the semi-official Tasnim news agency and reported by Reuters.
Last August, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani suggested the United States would have to bow down to Iran and repent from “economic terrorism” against Iran. He said in a video translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), “If you lift all the sanctions and bow down before the Iranian people, the circumstances will be different.”
Last July, Rouhani threatened to shoot down more American drones after Iran shot down an American drone, saying American drones “will receive the same response” as the American drone that was shot down in June.
Rouhani attacked President Trump directly last June as well, declaring him to be “mentally retarded” (can you even imagine the media meltdown if Trump had said that about Rouhani?)
In typical form, Trump fired back, promising that were Iran to display aggression, the response would be “great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!”
This came right after Former Iranian Minister of Defense General Hossein Dehghan, who once served as an advisor for defense affairs to Iranian Supreme Leader Khamenei, declared that Iran would put the United States “the garbage bin of history” if attacked.
Tell me again how it’s Trump’s rhetoric that is going to lead us to war?